Audio Version: Let Me Hear It!
We are mixing things up this week with a little POP QUIZ! We are oh-so curious to know how many questions from the below list you can answer off the top of your head.
- What Hollywood heartthrob finally re-married in 2014 at the age of 53?
- What does “”Brangelina”” mean?
- What does Vicki Gunvalson of the Real Housewives of Orange County do for a living?
- How many times has J. Lo been married?
Easy enough, right? Now, how many questions can you answer about you and/or your spouse from this list?
- How much life insurance do I have through my employer? Can I continue the coverage if I leave the company?
- How much income will I receive if I need to go on disability? How long do I have to wait?
- Am I paying for long-term care insurance through my employer? How much will it pay and how long do I have to wait? Is it my best option?
- How much does my employer match to my retirement plan? Am I taking full advantage?
See where we’re going with this? If you know more about George Clooney’s love life than you do about your ability to maintain your lifestyle after a death or disability, then we encourage you to take a timeout and refocus on what really matters. Use our benefits worksheet to keep track of what you have through your employer. Keep in mind, employers are only going to offer a baseline of certain coverages which, in many cases, won’t be enough. Work with your financial advisor to make sure you and your family are fully covered.
Oh, and in light of Employee Appreciation Day on Friday, March 6th (yep, it’s a thing), we couldn’t resist adding company discounts for you to inquire about. It doesn’t hurt to ask and you might be surprised!
Answer Key: 1. George Clooney, 2. Brad Pitt + Angelina Jolie, 3. Insurance, 4. 3.