Your Dollars, Our Sense: A Fun & Simple Guide to Money Matters is a quick read that makes sense of a variety of topics including credit, saving priorities, investing, home ownership, insurance, marriage, children, retirement, estate planning and much more.
The goal is to provide readers with relatable and simple financial advice to help navigate various life stages and major life events in an entertaining, informative manner, escaping the dryness often associated with the topic.
As an International Best Seller having ranked #1 in six different business and finance categories, this book makes for a great shower, birthday and graduation gift, and a phenomenal read for any age.
Amazon Best Seller List Results:
#1 in Personal Finance
#1 in Business Life
#1 in Finance
#1 in Budgeting
#1 in Money Management
#1 in Mentoring & Coaching
#2 in Business & Money
To anyone who has thought, I should really know more about my finances, this book is for you. To anyone who has thought, There is just too much to know, this book is for you. Flip through or read cover to cover, it’s totally up to you!
- This book is an entertaining and articulate overview on how to best prepare for your financial future. The authors, as top-ranked financial advisors and experts in their respective fields, understand the complex and unique need set of every woman. They have done a masterful job to simplify what is traditionally overwhelming terminology – their creative analogies will stick with me forever! Useful for adult women of all ages, I recommend this book as your go-to guide on decoding life’s complicated financial questions.Alison RooneyBarron’s Financial Investment News
- Great source of clear concise explanation of all aspects of your financial life. I wish I had this book when I was starting out my working life. A must read for anyone starting to build their financial life, or for anyone that wants to brush up on a financial area they wish to learn more about.Kim Cormier
- Your Dollars, Our Sense by the savvy women of Beacon Pointe, is much needed and couldn’t be better timed. Topics covered are important and the advice is invaluable. A terrific guide for navigating life’s financial minefields.Charles PaikertFinancial Planning Magazine
- Very informative read on all things finance! The chapter on Retirement had some great advice and things to help set you up for success. I am looking forward to passing this out to family and friends this Holiday season and will save couple of copies to give to my two young kids to read when they get a little older. The advice they can get from this book will be invaluable.DAI
- I finished reading this great book yesterday! These are my thoughts: Great book for learning what anyone needs to have in mind on life financial matters: On savings, everyday spending, kids, retirement, investments, insurance and taxes For someone who did not grow in this system and had no-one to teach me the financial system here I found it extremely helpful, for getting a solid understanding of the factors that are in play and getting equipped with the right financial questions to ask at the right time. I think that is very valuable. Some of the factors it mentioned I did not have awareness of before, so I learned some new stuff too. The earlier we become aware if these matters in our adult life the better - I would even give this to someone in college. It explains all the things that bring anxiety to a lot of us, in a very simple way and takes away some of that fear of dealing with them. This book is awesome.FaezehDesign Workshop
- I have never used ‘fun’ and ‘finance’ in the same sentence, but this book makes finance almost as fun as shopping. Whether you are a millennial, newly divorced, or just want to be financially savvy, this book is for you!OCLawyer
From us to you:
Our passion, our dream… Educate, Empower, Engage. Take hold of your financial future. We’ll help you do so.
We get you because we are like you. We are moms, daughters, wives, sisters and friends. We’re also business owners, financial planners, investment advisors and lawyers. Like you, we are busy and we struggle to filter through the noise.
Sample The Sense
Chapter 5: Retirement
Pyramid of Success—Savings Hierarchy ………Page 58
You have some money to set aside, but what are you going to do with it? You’re not alone in not knowing how to put your money to work. It is so common an inquiry, in fact, that just searching “where should I put . . . ?” prompts an eerily clairvoyant online search to know that you probably want to ask where to put your money (immediately followed by where to put your subwoofer, but we can’t help you with that).
Most savers are probably looking for investment help, but what you should really determine first is, (1) if you are in a financial position to be investing, and (2) if so, the type of account in which you should invest.
The number-one priority for extra cash is paying off bad debts (for example, credit card debt), followed by establishing an adequate emergency fund, and then saving for retirement. Where to save for retirement might be confusing, given the number of factors to consider (account types, tax implications, employer contributions, etc.). If you are prepared to begin saving for retirement, the corresponding pyramid provides the generally accepted order for where to put your next saved dollar.