Your Dollars, Our Sense: A Fun & Simple Guide to Money Matters is a quick read that makes sense of a variety of topics including credit, saving priorities, investing, home ownership, insurance, marriage, children, retirement, estate planning and much more.
The goal is to provide readers with relatable and simple financial advice to help navigate various life stages and major life events in an entertaining, informative manner, escaping the dryness often associated with the topic.
As an International Best Seller having ranked #1 in six different business and finance categories, this book makes for a great shower, birthday and graduation gift, and a phenomenal read for any age.
Amazon Best Seller List Results:
#1 in Personal Finance
#1 in Business Life
#1 in Finance
#1 in Budgeting
#1 in Money Management
#1 in Mentoring & Coaching
#2 in Business & Money
To anyone who has thought, I should really know more about my finances, this book is for you. To anyone who has thought, There is just too much to know, this book is for you. Flip through or read cover to cover, it’s totally up to you!
- Your Dollars, Our Sense offers an approachable yet adequate overview of personal finance. It covers material ranging from college funds to retirement plans using everyday metaphors and accessible language. Because of its varied topics, the information disclosed is relevant for anyone, whether just starting out your first job, or planning to retire. The book carefully lays out the intricacies of personal finance, and how each different area is connected and affected by the other. As a college student, I can appreciate gaining knowledge about future financial situations and how to utilize them to my benefit.Cristiana Pribus
- Quick read, great content, and helpful resources. I really like the fill in the blank tools. Wonderful job ladies, thank you!Marie Burns
- I finished reading this great book yesterday! These are my thoughts: Great book for learning what anyone needs to have in mind on life financial matters: On savings, everyday spending, kids, retirement, investments, insurance and taxes For someone who did not grow in this system and had no-one to teach me the financial system here I found it extremely helpful, for getting a solid understanding of the factors that are in play and getting equipped with the right financial questions to ask at the right time. I think that is very valuable. Some of the factors it mentioned I did not have awareness of before, so I learned some new stuff too. The earlier we become aware if these matters in our adult life the better - I would even give this to someone in college. It explains all the things that bring anxiety to a lot of us, in a very simple way and takes away some of that fear of dealing with them. This book is awesome.FaezehDesign Workshop
- I have never used ‘fun’ and ‘finance’ in the same sentence, but this book makes finance almost as fun as shopping. Whether you are a millennial, newly divorced, or just want to be financially savvy, this book is for you!OCLawyer
- Your Dollars, Our Sense is a very informative book with all the basics to prepare one for a successful financial life. While the topic of finance can oftentimes be hard to discuss this book takes a different approach that makes it quite interesting. The content helped me get a grasp on a multitude of financial vocabulary as well as providing a clear sense of how to proceed with regards to my personal finances in the future. One aspect of the book that I particularly connected with was chapter 4 which covered saving for the costs of childcare as well as their future education, which is something that is very important to me. I would recommend Your Dollars, Our Sense to anyone from a financial professional to a high school student as there is always something to learn or improve on and everything is very easily laid out for readers throughout the book.Julie Secrist
- Your Dollars, Our Sense by the savvy women of Beacon Pointe, is much needed and couldn’t be better timed. Topics covered are important and the advice is invaluable. A terrific guide for navigating life’s financial minefields.Charles PaikertFinancial Planning Magazine
From us to you:
Our passion, our dream… Educate, Empower, Engage. Take hold of your financial future. We’ll help you do so.
We get you because we are like you. We are moms, daughters, wives, sisters and friends. We’re also business owners, financial planners, investment advisors and lawyers. Like you, we are busy and we struggle to filter through the noise.
Sample The Sense
Chapter 5: Retirement
Pyramid of Success—Savings Hierarchy ………Page 58
You have some money to set aside, but what are you going to do with it? You’re not alone in not knowing how to put your money to work. It is so common an inquiry, in fact, that just searching “where should I put . . . ?” prompts an eerily clairvoyant online search to know that you probably want to ask where to put your money (immediately followed by where to put your subwoofer, but we can’t help you with that).
Most savers are probably looking for investment help, but what you should really determine first is, (1) if you are in a financial position to be investing, and (2) if so, the type of account in which you should invest.
The number-one priority for extra cash is paying off bad debts (for example, credit card debt), followed by establishing an adequate emergency fund, and then saving for retirement. Where to save for retirement might be confusing, given the number of factors to consider (account types, tax implications, employer contributions, etc.). If you are prepared to begin saving for retirement, the corresponding pyramid provides the generally accepted order for where to put your next saved dollar.