Your Dollars, Our Sense: A Fun & Simple Guide to Money Matters is a quick read that makes sense of a variety of topics including credit, saving priorities, investing, home ownership, insurance, marriage, children, retirement, estate planning and much more.
The goal is to provide readers with relatable and simple financial advice to help navigate various life stages and major life events in an entertaining, informative manner, escaping the dryness often associated with the topic.
As an International Best Seller having ranked #1 in six different business and finance categories, this book makes for a great shower, birthday and graduation gift, and a phenomenal read for any age.
Amazon Best Seller List Results:
#1 in Personal Finance
#1 in Business Life
#1 in Finance
#1 in Budgeting
#1 in Money Management
#1 in Mentoring & Coaching
#2 in Business & Money
To anyone who has thought, I should really know more about my finances, this book is for you. To anyone who has thought, There is just too much to know, this book is for you. Flip through or read cover to cover, it’s totally up to you!
- Finally, financial common sense that is user friendly. This should be required reading before graduation. Loved the fun delivery of what can be difficult to get right. Covers the ABC's of solid financial well-being at any age, especially Chapter 45 "The Art of Science - Health Insurance Basics" . Health insurance can be confusing, chapter is easy to understand which means a great benefit in the practical use of the info. Great reference book for my desk. I've shared it with my kids and friends.Suzan Beck, Beck2 Management Consulting
- Wow, what a clever, metaphorical way of explaining the “ key” things folks starting off ( or even those who are “ established”) need to know to be successful in life! I think putting into terms that are relatable to women today, makes a huge difference ! I wish I had this book to read when I was starting out!Doris McHenry
- Quick read, great content, and helpful resources. I really like the fill in the blank tools. Wonderful job ladies, thank you!Marie Burns
- This book is an entertaining and articulate overview on how to best prepare for your financial future. The authors, as top-ranked financial advisors and experts in their respective fields, understand the complex and unique need set of every woman. They have done a masterful job to simplify what is traditionally overwhelming terminology – their creative analogies will stick with me forever! Useful for adult women of all ages, I recommend this book as your go-to guide on decoding life’s complicated financial questions.Alison RooneyBarron’s Financial Investment News
- Your Dollars, Our Sense is a very informative book with all the basics to prepare one for a successful financial life. While the topic of finance can oftentimes be hard to discuss this book takes a different approach that makes it quite interesting. The content helped me get a grasp on a multitude of financial vocabulary as well as providing a clear sense of how to proceed with regards to my personal finances in the future. One aspect of the book that I particularly connected with was chapter 4 which covered saving for the costs of childcare as well as their future education, which is something that is very important to me. I would recommend Your Dollars, Our Sense to anyone from a financial professional to a high school student as there is always something to learn or improve on and everything is very easily laid out for readers throughout the book.Julie Secrist
- Very informative read on all things finance! The chapter on Retirement had some great advice and things to help set you up for success. I am looking forward to passing this out to family and friends this Holiday season and will save couple of copies to give to my two young kids to read when they get a little older. The advice they can get from this book will be invaluable.DAI
From us to you:
Our passion, our dream… Educate, Empower, Engage. Take hold of your financial future. We’ll help you do so.
We get you because we are like you. We are moms, daughters, wives, sisters and friends. We’re also business owners, financial planners, investment advisors and lawyers. Like you, we are busy and we struggle to filter through the noise.
Sample The Sense
Chapter 5: Retirement
Pyramid of Success—Savings Hierarchy ………Page 58
You have some money to set aside, but what are you going to do with it? You’re not alone in not knowing how to put your money to work. It is so common an inquiry, in fact, that just searching “where should I put . . . ?” prompts an eerily clairvoyant online search to know that you probably want to ask where to put your money (immediately followed by where to put your subwoofer, but we can’t help you with that).
Most savers are probably looking for investment help, but what you should really determine first is, (1) if you are in a financial position to be investing, and (2) if so, the type of account in which you should invest.
The number-one priority for extra cash is paying off bad debts (for example, credit card debt), followed by establishing an adequate emergency fund, and then saving for retirement. Where to save for retirement might be confusing, given the number of factors to consider (account types, tax implications, employer contributions, etc.). If you are prepared to begin saving for retirement, the corresponding pyramid provides the generally accepted order for where to put your next saved dollar.