Your Dollars, Our Sense: A Fun & Simple Guide to Money Matters is a quick read that makes sense of a variety of topics including credit, saving priorities, investing, home ownership, insurance, marriage, children, retirement, estate planning and much more.
The goal is to provide readers with relatable and simple financial advice to help navigate various life stages and major life events in an entertaining, informative manner, escaping the dryness often associated with the topic.
As an International Best Seller having ranked #1 in six different business and finance categories, this book makes for a great shower, birthday and graduation gift, and a phenomenal read for any age.
Amazon Best Seller List Results:
#1 in Personal Finance
#1 in Business Life
#1 in Finance
#1 in Budgeting
#1 in Money Management
#1 in Mentoring & Coaching
#2 in Business & Money
To anyone who has thought, I should really know more about my finances, this book is for you. To anyone who has thought, There is just too much to know, this book is for you. Flip through or read cover to cover, it’s totally up to you!
- Quick read, great content, and helpful resources. I really like the fill in the blank tools. Wonderful job ladies, thank you!Marie Burns
- Very informative read on all things finance! The chapter on Retirement had some great advice and things to help set you up for success. I am looking forward to passing this out to family and friends this Holiday season and will save couple of copies to give to my two young kids to read when they get a little older. The advice they can get from this book will be invaluable.DAI
- Your Dollars, Our Sense is a very informative book with all the basics to prepare one for a successful financial life. While the topic of finance can oftentimes be hard to discuss this book takes a different approach that makes it quite interesting. The content helped me get a grasp on a multitude of financial vocabulary as well as providing a clear sense of how to proceed with regards to my personal finances in the future. One aspect of the book that I particularly connected with was chapter 4 which covered saving for the costs of childcare as well as their future education, which is something that is very important to me. I would recommend Your Dollars, Our Sense to anyone from a financial professional to a high school student as there is always something to learn or improve on and everything is very easily laid out for readers throughout the book.Julie Secrist
- Very clear and insightful guidance in such an important area that can be so complex and uncertain for a lot of people. Really helped provide a path and a sensible direction for investing and what to do with investment dollars. This read makes decisions a bit less stressful and opens up idea going forward, also was truly a fun read and had my attention all the way through. Love having highly credible source that wasn't boring, this was a worth while read!John Bendetti
- Your Dollars, Our Sense offers an approachable yet adequate overview of personal finance. It covers material ranging from college funds to retirement plans using everyday metaphors and accessible language. Because of its varied topics, the information disclosed is relevant for anyone, whether just starting out your first job, or planning to retire. The book carefully lays out the intricacies of personal finance, and how each different area is connected and affected by the other. As a college student, I can appreciate gaining knowledge about future financial situations and how to utilize them to my benefit.Cristiana Pribus
- Great source of clear concise explanation of all aspects of your financial life. I wish I had this book when I was starting out my working life. A must read for anyone starting to build their financial life, or for anyone that wants to brush up on a financial area they wish to learn more about.Kim Cormier
The word is out. The Sense has been discovered.
Orange County Business Journal has announced co-author, Shannon Eusey, as a nominee for the 2018 Innovator of the Year Awards representing Beacon Pointe’s most recent creative contribution: an international best selling book recently published by Eusey and six other co-authors, all female professionals at Beacon Pointe.
From us to you:
Our passion, our dream… Educate, Empower, Engage. Take hold of your financial future. We’ll help you do so.
We get you because we are like you. We are moms, daughters, wives, sisters and friends. We’re also business owners, financial planners, investment advisors and lawyers. Like you, we are busy and we struggle to filter through the noise.
Sample The Sense
Chapter 5: Retirement
Pyramid of Success—Savings Hierarchy ………Page 58
You have some money to set aside, but what are you going to do with it? You’re not alone in not knowing how to put your money to work. It is so common an inquiry, in fact, that just searching “where should I put . . . ?” prompts an eerily clairvoyant online search to know that you probably want to ask where to put your money (immediately followed by where to put your subwoofer, but we can’t help you with that).
Most savers are probably looking for investment help, but what you should really determine first is, (1) if you are in a financial position to be investing, and (2) if so, the type of account in which you should invest.
The number-one priority for extra cash is paying off bad debts (for example, credit card debt), followed by establishing an adequate emergency fund, and then saving for retirement. Where to save for retirement might be confusing, given the number of factors to consider (account types, tax implications, employer contributions, etc.). If you are prepared to begin saving for retirement, the corresponding pyramid provides the generally accepted order for where to put your next saved dollar.